We have had many questions about how to help the fire victims in the areas affected recently. Our first, and continued response is to give financially and to physically help Salvation Army here in Napa. They responded immediately with their “Canteen” (food truck), but they’re not finished, because the Canteen is still in service feeding hundreds in the area affected as relief teams come in, plus residents. I’ve attached a flyer from Salvation Army filled with information on how to help. The second way to help, which was just revealed to us, is through Samaritan's Purse. Samaritan's Purse has partnered with Harvest Fellowship Church in Clear Lake. Their specific need is manpower to help recover items for families who have lost homes/buildings. Here are the details to help you understand the need/logistics. Also see the attached flyer for specific physical needs.
- Help needed Monday – Saturday starting at 7:30 or 12:30 or Sunday at 12:30
- A safety briefing will be given to new volunteers at the beginning of one of the shifts (One safety meeting is required for all participants one time)
- Samaritan's Purse provides all tools and respirators
- Singles or groups are encouraged to attend. If a group is going, please call in advance so they can accommodate you
- If you are volunteering for one shift or a day, bring your own food. They provide water
- If you are volunteering for three days or more, bring a cot or blow up mattress and they will provide the sleeping location. All food will be provided for people volunteering for three days or more as one continuous effort. Showers will be provided for people serving three days or more
- No advance notice needed, unless you are a large group. Call ahead (number below)
- You can sign up online or call 707.239.1723 or show up and fill out the paperwork there
FCS is also still collecting change to donate to Samaritan's Purse. Bring any change donations to the Front Desk. We have a little more than halfway to go to fill the container!